Sunday, February 8, 2009

Love / Strongly Dislike - (39/365)

Oh smoke detector, I do appreciate that you would wake me from my slumber in the case of smoke, fire, or other hazard to my person.

Unfortunately, I don't appreciate when you run out of battery and "beep.... beep.... beep" me awake on an early Sunday morning. I do give you credit - you've made it almost three years without needing to beep.

So the story goes, two smoke detectors and without being able to tell which smoke detector was acting up - I removed the battery from each!

Each smoke detector now has a new battery (thank you Dad!), but not without first scaring the snot out of me. I should have, however didn't, anticipate the 'test beep.' I now know better!

May the new batteries live a long and healthy life silently protecting me. Next time I'll be prepared for the 'test beep.'

No comments:

Post a Comment