Monday, February 2, 2009

Peacefully Empty - (33/365)

It's been a few weeks now since I've had these bookcases in the dining room at my apartment - yet they remain bare.

Somehow the shelves of the bookcases are peacefully empty and yet have an crucial task ahead of them. As I continue through life, some of what I have crammed into my brain seems to be leaking out! (Why didn't anyone warn me about such things!)

The shelves will hold exceptional knowledge, inspiration and memories.
Perhaps the memories, both uplifting and reflective, have me hesitating to fill the shelves.

In the silence, I hear the shelves calling out to me, "We deserve to be complete," allowing others to see a reflection of who I have become.

Note: No barstools were harmed while this photo was taken. In case you're curious, I was definitely not standing on a barstool - that'd be... well, yeah, I wasn't on the barstool.

P.S. I'll plan to post a 'finished' picture once the shelves are jam packed. (Don't worry, chemistry and math books aren't that scary, I promise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment